Personalized Estate Planning Solutions For Michigan Residents
Establishing a well-thought-out estate plan allows you to provide protection for your property, finances and medical care. Your answers to these and other questions will inform your choices: Do you want to avoid probate court? Maximize your heirs’ inheritance? Ease the process of estate administration? Preserve a vacation home? Provide for a child with special needs? Disinherit an heir? Appoint a decision-maker in the event you become incapacitated? At Brown Borkowski & Morrow in Farmington Hills, Michigan, our wills and trusts lawyers have been helping clients just like you since our firm was established.
Why Do Michigan Clients Need Estate Planning Legal Help?
We provide experienced and insightful legal representation regarding estate planning. Hiring a knowledgeable estate planning attorney who can listen and understand your individual family issues is beneficial because it allows you to:
- Create a living wills trust
- Plan a business succession
- Plan for the care of your pets
- Provide for charitable donations
- Reduce taxes for your heirs
- Choose durable powers of attorney
- Take charge of health care directives
- Creating pour over Wills
- Avoid probate court
- Avoid federal estate tax
- Choose the appropriate personal representative or trustee
- Choose a guardian or conservator in the event of your disability
- Make medical decisions while you are still healthy
Read Our Estate Planning Blog Posts
- Lame Duck Legislature Abolishes Michigan Dower
- Family Feud: Estate Edition
- Estate Planning Mistakes To Avoid
We Help Keep Your Legal Document Updated Through the Years
At Brown Borkowski & Morrow, we believe that it is vital to update your will or trust on a regular basis to be certain that the documents meet your intentions. That is why we work with you to make sure all of your wills and directives are updated and meet your current wishes. If the laws change, our Michigan trust and wills lawyers will work with you to change your estate plan to protect your financial interests.