Our Michigan Attorneys Handle A Range Of Complex Legal Concerns
Brown Borkowski & Morrow stands for quality and respect in the practice of law. We welcome the opportunity to evaluate your case in any of the legal practice areas listed below.
Also, feel free to contact us about any issue not included on the list. If we cannot help you, we will refer you to an appropriate, well-trusted lawyer from among our professional contacts. Call 888-757-1681 to schedule a consultation.
- Business and corporate law: Our business attorneys have a long history of getting successful results for our clients who own and operate small to medium-sized businesses.
- Business disputes: Brown Borkowski & Morrow helps both plaintiff and defendant clients in the Detroit area with contract disputes, business fraud, real estate problems, contested probate and trust administration issues and collections work.
- Insurance defense: Our Insurance defense lawyers have extensive experience working with insurance companies and individuals on coverage disputes, as wells as litigating first and third-party auto cases and premises liability matters.
- Family law: We have extensive experience in all aspects of family law, including divorce and separation, child custody and support, high-value property division, custody and support modifications, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, adoption, and interstate custody issues.
- Estate planning: Our wills and trusts lawyers are familiar with all state laws regarding estate planning, as well as federal estate tax laws and therefore we provide experienced and insightful legal representation.
- Wills: A properly prepared Will can be instrumental in providing you with the peace of mind that you and your family are prepared for the future.
- Trusts: A living trust can help your family avoid the costs of probate and confusion regarding how you want your assets allocated by giving you the ability to keep control of the assets while you are alive, as well as provide some control from the grave.
- Estate administration: We have represented a variety of clients, some with very high-value estates and others with more modest ones, and we have helped them talk openly about their concerns to ensure that the estate administration process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Probate: Our seasoned attorneys are well-experienced at representing clients throughout Michigan’s probate courts. We represent clients in all Michigan counties. We are committed to making sure that your loved one’s assets are distributed and debts are paid, according to their will.
- Gifting: We provide trusted advice regarding how to reduce your estate through gifting.
- Medical power of attorney/durable power of attorney/living wills: Our attorneys can help you plan for the future, drafting documents to appoint someone you trust to handle your medical and financial decisions if you are unable to do so.
- Tax planning: Tax laws are continually changing. To ensure your assets are best protected, speak with our attorneys.
- Joint property pitfalls: Many people do not realize that when they add someone as a joint owner on property, that individual has significant power over the asset. We can explain joint property rights and advise you on how to protect your property.
- Commercial and industrial tax appeals: We assist commercial and industrial property owners in appealing unfair assessments of State Equalized Values (SEVs).
- Real estate law: transactions and litigation
If we represent you – or if you take us up on our offer of a free initial consultation – we pledge to treat you as we would want to be treated. We also pledge to put your interests first as we advise you on what we believe to be your best options for resolving your legal matter. Call us at 888-757-1681 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.