Brown Borkowski & Morrow
Susan Leigh Brown
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Employment Law
Susan Brown is a shareholder and founder at Brown Borkowski & Morrow. She has devoted her 33+ years as a lawyer to litigation and appeals in the areas of insurance defense, including auto, premises and property insurance and coverage, employment law and counseling, and personal injury defense. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and the Wayne State University Law School.
Susan is the past author of the No-Fault Column in the Michigan Defense Quarterly publication for the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel. She has presented numerous seminars on various aspects of Michigan No Fault law and insurance claims handling, as well as several employment law seminars on topics including employment discrimination, workplace policies, and wages and hours law. Susan has also taught several employment law seminars on topics including HIPAA, COBRA, wages and benefits, employment discrimination, whistleblower claims, and drafting and enforcing personnel policies.
In addition to practicing law, Susan has served on several boards including the Board of Trustees for Kensington Academy, the Board of Directors of the Detroit Grand Prix Association (President 2000-2001), and the Board of Directors of Knightsbridge Condominium Association. She has also worked on several community events including Detroit's Tri-Centennial celebration, Ford Motor Company's Centennial, Super Bowl XL-VIP Transportation, and the Detroit Jazz Festival. She is also active in numerous, local charitable endeavors.
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 1987
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. - 1984
- Major: English Literature
- Major: Communications
- Michigan – 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan – 1988
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan – 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit – 1989
Current Employment Position
- Law Office of Susan Leigh Brown, President/Owner
- Schwartz Law Firm, Senior Attorney
- Bowen, Radabaugh, Milton & Brown, Partner
- Harvey, Kruse, Westin & Milan, Associate Attorney
- Feikens, Foster , Associate Attorney
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel – 2001 to Present
- Oakland County Bar Association – 2010 to Present
- Detroit Bar Association – 2015 to Present
- State Bar of Michigan – 1988 to Present
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Smith v. Dearborn, 982 F2d 976, 1993, 6th Cir. US
- Detroit Edison v. Nabco, 35 F3d 236, 1994, 6th Cir. US
- Jacobson v. Parda, 457 Mich 318, 1998, Mich. S. Ct.
- USAA Casualty Insurance Company